Friday, June 03, 2005

Books I read in 2005 (revised)

Here's a list of the books I remember reading this year. I will add more once I remember what they were. This is a lot of reading for me outside of the usual newspapers and trade-related publications. I know there are more.

· “Get Shorty” by Elmore Leonard
· “The Lord of the Rings” by J.R.R. Tolkien
· “The Glass Key” by Dashiell Hammett
· “An Honest Writer: The Life and Times of James T. Farrell: by Robert K. Landers
· “Studs Lonigan” by James T. Farrell
· “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” by J.K. Rowling
· “Harry Potter and Chamber of Secrets” by J.K. Rowling
· “Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban” by J.K. Rowling
· “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire” by J.K. Rowling
· “Sister Carrie” by Theodore Dreiser
· “For the Love of Mike: More of the Best of Mike Royko” By Mike Royko
· “The Hoofs and Guns of the Storm: Chicago's Civil War Connections” by Arnie Bernstein
· “He’s Just Not That Into You” by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo
· “To Sleep With the Angels” by David Cowan
· “The Chicago River” by David M. Solzman
· “Devil in the White City” by Erik Larson
· “City of the Century” by Donald L. Miller
· “Before and After Page Design” by John McWade
· “Blues Brothers -- Private” by Judith Jacklin and Tino Insana

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger oh_danny_boy said...

I can't stop Reading Harry Potter books for some reason. Although, I am not crazy enough to pre-order yet.

"He's Just Not That Into You," I've been told should never be loaned to anyone because it has been known not to return. A friend of ours read it and said it changed her life. I have to read any book that someone said changed their life.

It's interesting. I wish girls would take it to heart -- save themselves a great deal of frustration and anxiety. But that's just my opinion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home