Saturday, March 12, 2005

Busy night, but fun

A lot going on today. Spent the morning and afternoon 'throwing rock' -- or hanging drywall -- at my local Habitat for Humanity house. I can't begin to explain what volunteering here has done for me. Sounds cheesy but I really enjoy spending my Saturday helping out. I also did a tiny bit of framing to make a box-out around some heating ducts. It wasn't pretty but it will get the job done. I used the new hammer, rasp and linesman pliers I bought. The Daily Southtown recently wrote a story about this house and the family that will occupy it called No more house of blues.

Katie had summoned all of her available bridesmaids to go shopping for fabric to buy her dresses for the wedding. I was called after the fabric was picked out in order to pay for the materials. A friend's mom will sew them together and they will be nice.

Then I had a family party to celebrate a couple of birthdays and St. Patrick's Day. I wasn't very comfortable there but I lucked out because I had plans to hang out with one of my friends.

Brian came over and we stuffed ourselves at Outback and played two games of Cosmic Bowling at Centennial Lanes in Tinley Park. I rolled a 164 and a 178, finishing the second game with four consecutive strikes. Feeling pretty good right now. Brian's a good guy and fun to talk to, but time doesn't allow regular outings. I was sort of ordered out of the house because Katie and her friends were borrowing my pad for a girls' night in. They're still here watching a movie but they're fading fast.

I on the other hand have sheetrock boogers. That's when you breath in drywall dust and it takes a day to get it all dislodged from inside your beak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home