Monday, March 14, 2005

No white crosses for me, please!

Have you ever noticed when someone dies tragically, someone else always comes along and displays a little white cross near the spot where the other person died? I think it's nice but I don't care for it.

I have instructed my family not to erect any little white crosses fashioned out of two-by-fours and Krylon if I should (God forbid) die in some tragic accident. Not only that, but have also left specific instructions for them to remove any such impromptu memorials.

Listen, in my eyes, I think it's a nice gesture but it's just plain tacky. Before you get your undies in a bunch, I'm not knocking Christianity but I am not one to wear my faith on my sleeve. I think there are other things one could do that might be more useful.

Following last week's hotel/church shooting in Milwaukee, the Journal-Sentinel published a story about a man who makes and displays the two-by-four crosses at death scenes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home