Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Stay outside for da night!

What do I want? Who can answer such a speculative question?
What do I want? I want to raise the model tone of the nation.
What do I want? I need a pitcher, not an underwear stitcher.
I want Fred Flintstone in the house, Fred's cat out the house.
Stay outside for the night!
I want shoes on Fred and Barney! Every time, take that big stone car down the street, through the courtesy of Fred's two feet! Say it with me! Yabba Dabba Doo!

--Darrell Hammond doing his best Jesse Jackson (as best I can remember it).

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my most favorite SNL moments: Darrell Hammond as Jesse Jackson as Fred Flintsonte on Weekend Update. Instead of the typical tent revival refrain of: "Can I get a witness/amen/halelua!" Hammond as Jackson as Flinstone proclaims: " Yabba, DABBA, doo!" throughout the entire sketch. The one and only time I saw this scene was when it premiered, sometime last century. Hammond's comedic genius caused me to experience some of the most gut-wrenching laughter of my life! I've done the lazy man's exhaustive web clip search to find this skit but to no avail. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this hystarichal gem of late night comedy? Help me please!

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was hilarious. I remember listening to an audio clip of this around 1999 or 2000 but have never been able to find it since. Anyone out there have this clip?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home