Wednesday, March 08, 2006

How NOT to get suspended from high school

I'm seeing more and more news stories about kids getting suspended from high school because of Web content posted on their personal sights. I'm sure you've heard of Myspace.com. It's Blogging in a sense for teenagers. They post a bunch of pictures, change their background and use it to write inside jokes to each other. I poke fun at Myspace.com users but it is a nifty idea.

Anyhow, some local students here where I live were apparently suspended for part of their sports seasons because administrators got ahold of some url's with images of these students consuming alcoholic beverages at a recent party. First of all, I can't stand school administrators because for some reason they acquire these huge egos that make them think they can lord over everything and everyone within their domain. It just seems this pompous belief is more of a complex than it is a true concern for students, but hey, that's just my opinion. We just had common sense.

But what were these kids thinking? Posting pictures of themselves drinking on a public Website? Dumb, dumb, dumb. When I was in school we hadn't yet been introduced to the wonders of cyberspace. Even if we had and if I had friends who liked to drink back then, I am fairly confident we wouldn't have taken pictures and put them on display.

In the link above you can see a still image that was obscured to protect the identity of two such teens. It appears they were drinking bottles of Corona, but I don't see any limes or salt in the bottles. Yecch! I think that is punishment enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home